Thursday, April 5, 2007

Only %10










I have been so busy with work these last few weeks I have not done anything blog worthy but I feel like I should post something. So I found this map while I was making a myspace page for Mikes (which everyone should be friends with). When I put in the countries I had been to I thought I have done a little traveling in my time. Then the map came up and I was like holy crap I am pathetic. Apperantly I havent been anywhere. 19 countries, 15 states and 1 territory not counting airports and still just the tip of the ice berg. Don't anyone worry though it just increased my resolve. I will fill in the map and I am not waiting till I am old to do it. I have a few things coming up I will post about but for now I think I will just put some old pictures on here. I hope everyone enjoys a little blast from the past.















This first one is a picture I took myself about 5 yrs ago of Tyler Runia. He is diving off some rocks in Zions. The two guys at the bottom are inmates from a prison in St. George. Thats right inmates I have one of their striped shorts to prove it.
This second picture is a classic for the ages in what has to be one of the coolest places in the world (or at least coolest in the 10% of the world I have seen). For those of you who don't already know this is Eli and I when we were like 16 in the San Juans. We are standing on a large stone table in the middle of the woods and in the back of each of those chairs is the ashes of a dead person and the back is the tomb stone. The whole story is cool but creepy I mean creepy.





4 comments:

Davenport Family said...

Sadly the only other county I've eve been to is Canada, which I hardly consider another country!!! I guess I am more pathetic than you:(

Anonymous said...

You didn't say what you have to do to get the inmates shorts, actually it's probably not appropriate to put on here

stace said...

If you only color the spots you've actually been to (rather than the whole country/state) you'll realize how much more you have to see. But that's a good thing, right?

jackie said...

i had NO idea you were blogging all this time. sheesh. i have done this map thing, and it has only heightened my resolve to go to: russia, china, brazil, just so my map will look awesome. but i really have no idea what i'd do once i got to russia.