Sunday, July 29, 2007

Famous Graves










While in Seattle we also made a visit to a few famous peoples
final resting place to pay our respects. The first was to Jimi Hendrix's grave. He is laid to rest in Renton Wa just south of Seattle. He has a whole memorial with the road circling it. You don't even have to get out of the car.












Next we visited the graves of Bruce and Brandon Lee. They have a nice little grave but it is just mixed in with everyone else and not all by itself like Jimi's. The Lee's are on Capital Hill in Seattle. I actually would have really like to visit Kurt Cobain since he is really a part of Seattle but unfortunately after he was murdered he was cremated. There is a little memorial in Aberdeen where he was born but it was too far out of the way. I wish I would have gone before since I spent a fair amount of time right by there with Jamie in Shelton.










I have only been to a few graves so I thought I would throw these in since I was on the subject. The first is Jim Morrison's Grave. He was buried in Paris and the pictures are above. Below is Oscar Wilde's Grave. It is covered in kisses made by visitors.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kurt Cobain would have been cool. to bad his wife was freakin' crazy. curse you courtney love!